Economic security and opportunity
For too long, America’s economic agenda has centered on further enriching the already-rich, with massive windfalls for multinational companies, tax breaks for the wealthy, and trade deals that boost corporate profits at the expense of hard-working Americans.
As president, Cory will pursue an ambitious agenda to build an economy where everyone has a stake in its success:
- Put cash in the pockets of working Americans with the Rise Credit, a massive expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Enact “Baby Bonds,” a new American birthright to close the wealth gap and give every American a shot at economic opportunity. Read more about Cory's Baby Bonds proposal.
- Make it easier for workers to join a union and strengthen the rights of workers.
- Raise the minimum wage to $15/hour.
- Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act and hold businesses and employers responsible for pay discrimination.
- Pass the Worker Dividend Act to require that corporations share profits not just with shareholders, but with workers.
- Only support trade deals that help working families.